1. Pro -Active.Pro-active selling is going out there and finding new customers to present to. Talking to as many people as you can. It's a numbers game. The more people you talk to the more likely you are to sell something.
This works best if you have an out going personality and find it easy to ad-lib. You need to be energetic and able to think on your feet! A chirpy upbeat personality will excel with this sales technique.
A positive attitude is a great way to increase sales.
2. Customer LedThe 'customer led' Sales Technique involves following your prospects lead. You wait for them to speak and then you respond in agreement. This Sales Technique is also know as Matching and Mirroring.
By being in agreement with your prospect you make them feel like you are on their side. Rather than a sales person trying to sell them something.
This Sales Technique suits those who are less assertive. A great deal of patience is required using this technique. It may take several meetings or conversations before you make your offer and sale.
However patience pays off and there is a high conversion rate using this sales technique.
In addition, refunds are low and customers tend to become lifelong customers -- this is down to the early investment in the relationship.
3. AggressiveAggressive selling is straight to the point. Think 'Wolf of Wall Street', Market Stall Holders or Politicians! They have an idea or product and won't stop until you've got it.
This sales technique is effective in a fast paced selling environment but it's not for everyone and can put some prospects off completely! This sales approach is aggressive and doesn't suit many personality types.
4. HelpfulHelpful is a much softer sales technique. The emphasis is on appearing helpful and informative rather than coming across as a sales person.
Anyone can use this technique. In fact it is currently one of THE MOST EFFECTIVE of all Sales Techniques.
In today's society people are hungry for information. They want to make their own choices and are wary of being 'sold to'.
Helpful selling appeals to today's customers. Helpful selling can be adopted by any sales person. However it is only effective if used genuinely. Otherwise it can appear sly and untrustworthy, if done incorrectly.
5. ConsultativeConsultative selling is very similar to helpful selling. In this case rather than 'helping' a prospect make an informed choice. The sales agent is acting as a consultant, an expert in a particular field.
To succeed with this Sales Technique you need to be very confident and knowledgeable in your area. You have to present an impartial viewpoint at all times.
6. Rapport LedBuilding rapport is a Sales Technique that many sales professionals adopt without knowing it. Body language and rapport is a very subtle sales technique. When studied and applied effectively it will Increase Sales Results.
This Sales Technique, if studied correctly, understood and used discretely. Can be used in any industry to achieve amazing sales results. Rapport is the secret language, if you like, of the sales world.
Rapport building one of the first aspects covered in Sales Coaching.
7. ScarcityScarcity. People don't like to think they are missing out. By creating scarcity for a product or service, people desire it more. Scarcity is used to drive people to take action. Scarcity uses EMOTIONAL sales to seal the deal.
Scarcity can be used effectively by almost any industry and is particularly useful in service lead businesses. Any sales rep can learn to use scarcity in their sales conversations.
To your Selling Success