One thing that you must remember when doing lead generation work is the fact that it is tough to generate qualified B2B sales leads. Given the way the market works today, you will understand that convincing prospect to buy from you or sign up for your service has just become a little more difficult. Now, it does not mean to be a sign of failure. Rather, this can be seen as an opportunity to do better.
Yes, you can still turn prospects into real and profitable sales leads. What you need to do is to know the words that you should be saying. But what are these?
- To start with, you should focus more on the benefits of your product or service. Although it may be true that you have the latest features being offered in the market, all these will mean nothing if you cannot relate them to how these can make the lives of your prospects better. Go more for the benefits. Tell prospects what your offer can do to make them grow. Translate your message to one that focuses on the prospects. That will help you generate B2B sales leads better.
- Second, you have to use plain, but colorful, words in your pitch. We have a product description, and we have the product description. Prospects are more likely to remember you when you use a language that they can easily understand. It also helps if your words appeal to their emotions and desires. For example, when talking about your latest ice cream maker, you can describe how smooth, creamy, and uniform the texture of the ice cream will be if the factory decides to use your machines. You just need to make it clear.
- Third, never use jargon. Unfortunately, this is one advice that so many of us are still guilty of saying. Just imagine if you are using jargon on, say, a telemarketing campaign. The prospects do not see you, and the words you convey are a total gibberish to them. As much as possible, never, ever use jargon on your lead generation campaign. That is one good way to make your appointment setters fail. Do use jargon if, in those rare cases, that you are talking to prospects that know the topic and who also uses jargon for the sake of accuracy.
- Fourth, make the list of your benefits short. One good way to make your prospects snore during your lead generation campaign is to tell them the various ways that your product or service will make their lives easier. Focus only on two or three main points. And make your presentation short. Your prospects will thank you for that.
- Fifth, focus on your uniqueness. What makes your company stand out? What is so special about your products or services that the prospects will not find it from the competition? Once you know those answers it will be easier for you to do your work.
- Lastly, use hard facts and numbers. Vague terms and definitions will only make them uncomfortable with you. Really, if you want to convince them that you can deliver, show them the numbers and statistics. And make it accurate enough, so that you gain better credibility.
These are the most important points to consider for your business sales lead generation campaign.