Many are wondering what 2014 is going to deliver for us. But instead of wondering, wouldn't it be great to KNOW what's coming? In other words why not take control of your 2014? This week. In fact today would be a good day to start!.
Below is a set of questions that will really get you thinking. Thinking about what you want from 2014. Thinking about the actions you need to take to achieve it. I love this process and I hope you do too. Find yourself a quiet and inspiring place and get to work! Whether your aims are financial, personal, social or business, write them down.
Get in touch if you want help with your goal setting...we're here to help.
Goal Setting for 2014
Well-defined goals are vital in all elements of business. The following process is one I use in business and personally. Work through the questions and remember that your initial response is normally the most useful.
Here we go...Good Luck!
What specifically do I want in 2014?
- Define the area of your life you wish to focus on
- For each area, state your 2014 goals in the positive (i.e. what you want, not what you don't want)
- Take each goal through the following questions
- What would be my evidence that I have achieved my goal?
- How would I know if I were getting my goal?
- What would I be doing to get it?
- What would I be seeing/hearing/feeling?
- What would be a demonstration of it?
- Where do I want this goal?
- Where do I not want this goal?
- When do I want this goal?
- When do I not want this goal?
- With whom do I want this goal?
- With whom do I not want this goal?
- What resources can I activate to get this goal?
- What resources can I acquire to get this goal?
- What can I do?
- What can I continue doing?
- What do I need to stop doing?
- What will happen if I get this goal?
- How will getting this goal affect other aspects of my life?
- How does getting this goal benefit me?
- What might I lose if it happens?
Good luck with your 2014 goal setting.
Bear in mind research on goal setting which concludes that your goal setting will be more effective if you;
- Take action immediately and often to achieve them (obvious but...)
- Tell a supportive friend/colleague/mentor what those goals are
- Regularly update this person on the progress to achieving your goals
Wishing you a happy, healthy and very successful 2014.
Until next time