As a manager, your job is to lead your employees properly. Now, the problem comes in when you fail to lead them properly. Probably because of your management style or personality, but it will nevertheless affect their performance, especially in lead generation. It can even have dire effects in your lead generation campaign. When was the last time you checked your management style? If you are not careful, you might actually be committing one or more of the seven cardinal sins in management. This can influence the way your people work on B2B leads. You might have to ask yourself whether your management style is good for generating more business leads for your firm.
In this case, it might be useful to learn the seven cardinal sins in management:
- Anger - Okay, you are the angry type of manager, always breathing down your employees' necks as they generate sales leads. Sure, it might compel them to keep working, but that can also discourage them from taking risks and give new ideas.
- Greed - Nothing can be very irritating than hearing your boss announce a cut in wages or budget, and then see him flaunt his newest iPod or gadget. Such actions discourage people from giving their best, since they do not see any rewards. Generosity is something to be practiced, right?
- Sloth - Laziness is subjective. How one compares his work load to another can dampen his spirits. But it may be because he is comparing himself to someone with a different job description. It will be necessary to make the jobs of each one clear to all.
- Pride - Being confident of your decisions is good, but being overconfident is certainly a bad sign. You are not perfect, and so are some of your business decisions. You might have to give way to others with a more sensible business solution. Remember: Pride comes before the fall.
- Lust - It is good if you are passionate with your work in lead generation, but if you are doing things without regards to consequences, then it might have a bad effect in your business. Passion and lust are two very different ways to view your work, especially if you are going on sales leads.
- Envy - It might be bad news if you start thinking that a colleague's grass is greener than yours. In this case, you might have to take a look at your motivations for working. Maybe, you just need to assure yourself that where you are is where you are supposed to be.
- Gluttony - Sure, it may be nice to have it all, but not to share your success or business knowledge with others can be bad for you and your telemarketing team. You need to practice generosity as it can help foster friendship and alliances that can help you in the future.
Do you see yourself committing such sins? If not, then good for you. If yes, then you will have to check yourself once in a while, to see whether what you are doing is right.