Learn what being a member does for you
The Seller Styles
See a summary of all our programs and certifications
Certified Professional Sales Person(CPSP®)
Develop your potential as a certified sales professional
Certified Professional Sales Leader(CPSL®)
Grow your impact as a certified sales leader
Certified Master Sales Professional (CMSP®)
Join the elite group of sales professionals and leaders
Certified Master Sales Trainer (CMST®)
Advanced Sales Influence (ASI)
Take your influence and leadership to the next level.
Certified Professional Sales Associate (CPSA®)
Learn foundational sales behaviors, strategies, and skills
Power of Contact Marketing
Learn from marketing expert and author Stu Heinecke
Join the top 1% of sales professionals in the world.
Next Level Virtual Coaching
Join our ongoing dynamic virtual coaching community
Explore job postings from some of the best companies in the country looking for sales professionals
Daily Dose of Influence!
Enjoy our video series of influence tips and strategies
Leads To Growth
Dig into our podcast featuring industry leaders and experts
Learn from our high-level sales coaching video series
Women of Sales & Influence – Facebook Live Series
Be inspired by our Facebook Live series spotlighting top women influencers
Women of Sales & Influence – Video Blog
Enjoy valuable, high-level sales strategies to empower your sales goals
The Growth Quotient
You’ve heard about IQ, but what is your GQ?
Our Commitment to You
We are here to help your approach to sales, how you interact with others, and how you perform and execute
NASP Sales Blog
Learn from our member-submitted articles for sales professionals
About Our CEO
Standards of Conduct
Common Questions and Answers
Are you a Sales Growth Mindset Leader?
So are you?
What does that actually mean? In a nutshell it’s a sales leader that creates an environment where sales people feel comfortable to step outside there comfort zone, try new things and learn from their mistakes…without any negative consequences from their boss…YOU!
Time to reflect…
– Do you tell your sales people the best way to get results?
– Do you get mad when they do something that doesn’t work out?
– Do you ever raise your voice or sound irritated with your team?
– Do your sales team play safe?
– Do they tell you what they think you want to hear?
– Are your team reactive rather than proactive?
Your responses may be different for each sales person but taking a straw poll, if most of your responses are YES then you probably are NOT a Sales Growth Mindset Leader.
The benefits of creating a Sales Growth Mindset culture are tangible…when I work with Sales Teams to create this environment, I’m getting a sales increase of at least 20% across the team. Some sales people double their sales simply because they are thinking differently…and the sales leadership approach has changed to support their growth.
So what can you start doing to make a change?
The 7 crucial traits of a Sales Growth Mindset Leader.
1. Be open minded and curious
2. Get comfortable with being uncomfortable
3. Show strong situational awareness
4.Take ownership — be accountable for team results
5. Grow with your teamyour text here
6. Collaborate to create bigger opportunities
7. Have a strong focus on the people in your team
You can read more about each trait in this free download
Over the years I’ve worked with Sales Leaders that have ranged from doing absolutely none of these traits…to doing lots. What is common to all Sales Leaders in my experience is that they are always able to implement these traits once they know what they are and how to start using them. It takes discipline and determination to change existing habits but the rewards are more than worth it!
Until next time,
About the author
Hi I’m Leigh Ashton of The Sales Consultancy
Whether you’re a small business or a leading brand, an area manager or a Chief Executive, whether you’re new to sales or an experienced sales professional. Even if you’re not in sales at all but want to understand it, you’ve come to the right place.
The World of Sales is changing.
Today’s conventional sales training doesn’t address the psychological barriers that get in their way.
My approach takes your sales team through a process that:
* Helps them identify their psychological barriers and gives them the tools to overcome them
* Teaches them how the mind works so they can keep motivated and stay focused
* Gives them the ability to identify the psychological patterns of their clients and prospects so they connect with them at a deeper level and close more sales
And at a higher level…
* It creates more success in other areas of their lives so they are happier generally…and happier sales people generate more sales
Wherever you are on your personal sales journey what’s the best course of action for YOU.
– Sales Training – that actually gets results
– Leadership and Management
– Personal Coaching and Mentoring
– Sales Mentoring Programme
– NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) and how it can help you accelerate your success
– Keynote Speaking