Learn what being a member does for you
The Seller Styles
Learn the styles and take your free assessment
See a summary of all our programs and certifications
Certified Professional Sales Person (CPSP®)
Develop your potential as a certified sales professional
Certified Professional Sales Leader (CPSL®)
Grow your impact as a certified sales leader
Learn foundational sales behaviors, strategies, and skills
Power of Contact Marketing
Learn from marketing expert and author Stu Heinecke
Join the top 1% of sales professionals in the world.
Next Level Virtual Coaching
Join our ongoing dynamic virtual coaching community
Explore job postings from some of the best companies in the country looking for sales professionals
Daily Dose of Influence!
Enjoy our video series of influence tips and strategies
Leads To Growth
Dig into our podcast featuring industry leaders and experts
Learn from our high-level sales coaching video series
Women of Sales & Influence – Facebook Live Series
Be inspired by our Facebook Live series spotlighting top women influencers
Women of Sales & Influence – Video Blog
Enjoy valuable, high-level sales strategies to empower your sales goals
The Growth Quotient
You’ve heard about IQ, but what is your GQ?
Our Commitment to You
We are here to help your approach to sales, how you interact with others, and how you perform and execute
NASP Sales Blog
Learn from our member-submitted articles for sales professionals
Write For Us
Share your sales expertise and insights with our community
About Our CEO
Standards of Conduct
Common Questions and Answers
How good are you at motivating your sales team?
How happy are you with your efforts to motivate your sales team? Are they performing to a level that you’re proud of? Or are they less than where you want them to be despite working your butt off to up their performance?
The highs and lows of Sales Leadership
There’s no better feeling when your team is performing well…and no bigger frustration when they are not.
You could blame them for not doing what they should be to increase their sales. Or you could take that brave look in the mirror and ask yourself…What’s my contribution to this situation?
How well do you know each person in your team?
Whilst it’s important to discuss KPI’s, pipelines and customers…how often do you have deep conversations with each of your team about them?
Do you know the answers to these questions?
– What inspires them?
– What do they do in their spare time?
– What successes have given them the most joy and why?
– What are their inner thoughts after big challenges?
– How do they rate themselves?
– Are they motivated towards what they want or away from what they don’t want?
– Where do they want to be in 12 months?
– What are their career and personal aspirations?
– How old are their children and what are their names?
– What is their partner’s name?
– Do they have pets…what are they and what are their names?
You may be able to have a stab at answering some of these questions from your observations, but have you discussed them directly? Have they actually shared their responses with you?
These are just a small selection of questions…I really could have gone on.
If you don’t know these things about each person then how do you expect to lead them in a way that’s right for them…that develops and supports them to higher performance?
Get to know your sales people as human beings and you’re more than halfway towards a high performing team.
Remember…the best leadership practice is the leadership practice you actually do!
Until next time
About the author
Hi I’m Leigh Ashton of The Sales Consultancy
Whether you’re a small business or a leading brand, an area manager or a Chief Executive, whether you’re new to sales or an experienced sales professional. Even if you’re not in sales at all but want to understand it, you’ve come to the right place.
The World of Sales is changing.
Today’s conventional sales training doesn’t address the psychological barriers that get in their way.
My approach takes your sales team through a process that:
* Helps them identify their psychological barriers and gives them the tools to overcome them
* Teaches them how the mind works so they can keep motivated and stay focused
* Gives them the ability to identify the psychological patterns of their clients and prospects so they connect with them at a deeper level and close more sales
And at a higher level…
* It creates more success in other areas of their lives so they are happier generally…and happier sales people generate more sales
Wherever you are on your personal sales journey what’s the best course of action for YOU.
– Sales Training – that actually gets results
– Leadership and Management
– Personal Coaching and Mentoring
– Sales Mentoring Programme
– NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) and how it can help you accelerate your success
– Keynote Speaking