Learn what being a member does for you
The Seller Styles
Learn the styles and take your free assessment
See a summary of all our programs and certifications
Certified Professional Sales Person (CPSP®)
Develop your potential as a certified sales professional
Certified Professional Sales Leader (CPSL®)
Grow your impact as a certified sales leader
Learn foundational sales behaviors, strategies, and skills
Power of Contact Marketing
Learn from marketing expert and author Stu Heinecke
Join the top 1% of sales professionals in the world.
Next Level Virtual Coaching
Join our ongoing dynamic virtual coaching community
Explore job postings from some of the best companies in the country looking for sales professionals
Daily Dose of Influence!
Enjoy our video series of influence tips and strategies
Leads To Growth
Dig into our podcast featuring industry leaders and experts
Learn from our high-level sales coaching video series
Women of Sales & Influence – Facebook Live Series
Be inspired by our Facebook Live series spotlighting top women influencers
Women of Sales & Influence – Video Blog
Enjoy valuable, high-level sales strategies to empower your sales goals
The Growth Quotient
You’ve heard about IQ, but what is your GQ?
Our Commitment to You
We are here to help your approach to sales, how you interact with others, and how you perform and execute
NASP Sales Blog
Learn from our member-submitted articles for sales professionals
Write For Us
Share your sales expertise and insights with our community
About Our CEO
Standards of Conduct
Common Questions and Answers
Janine Naomi Grant
It has been well documented that one of the key success principles of many millionaires is waking up before the sun. One study I read claimed that 50% of millionaires wake up over 3 hours before their workday begins.
Personally, I use to LOVE sleeping in. I was the person who would snooze the alarm 17 times before waking up, rationalize with myself how I could get ready in 10-15 minutes and plan my outfit in my head just to get 5 more minutes under the covers. In the afternoons I would get frustrated with my lack of time to workout, read, watch videos, and have time to spend with my family and friends. I just didn’t have enough time in my day, and every night I went to be disappointed that I had compromised once again on something that I wanted to do.
After an enlightening conversation with my friend, who was actually the person that referred me to the Sales & Leadership Mastermind Group I am in through Abundant, I decided I would test out this whole idea of waking up in the 5AM hour. I committed to it for 30 days to see the impact. As a result, I will never go back!
Waking up early allows me to get my workout, and meditation done before I use to even wake up. I have time to actually eat breakfast at home, sit on my balcony and enjoy the view, play with my dog, and get ready for work in a calm and collected manner. As a result, my sales dramatically increased because of my newfound energy. Overall, I look better, feel better, and have a TON of time in the afternoon to do all the other activities I want.
Waking up that early is still a bit of a challenge each morning but here are some tips I have implemented that make it possible for me to say goodbye to my covers and hello to my morning:
– Wear my gym clothes to bed
– Put my alarm on the opposite side of the room
– Prep a BIG glass of water to drink first thing in the morning
– When I hear my alarm go off I count to 5… 1 — 2- 3- 4- GET UP! Don’t look back!
– Do NOT be friends with the snooze button, going back to bed even for 3 minutes is not an option
– Once I’m vertical I say something positive out loud (usually the opposite of what I feel such as “I am FULL of ENERGY!”)
– Leave my room and close the door behind me
– Turn on all the lights in the house
– Take my dog on a walk to get fresh air
– Within 15 minutes of getting up go to the gym… the first few times I did this I literally just stood in the gym to get in the habit of making myself go
– Tell everyone I know that I work out in the morning, that way I hold myself accountable to actually doing it
– Commit myself to a phone call, Facebook Live video, or business meeting early in the morning
About the author