Learn what being a member does for you
The Seller Styles
Learn the styles and take your free assessment
See a summary of all our programs and certifications
Certified Professional Sales Person (CPSP®)
Develop your potential as a certified sales professional
Certified Professional Sales Leader (CPSL®)
Grow your impact as a certified sales leader
Learn foundational sales behaviors, strategies, and skills
Power of Contact Marketing
Learn from marketing expert and author Stu Heinecke
Join the top 1% of sales professionals in the world.
Next Level Virtual Coaching
Join our ongoing dynamic virtual coaching community
Explore job postings from some of the best companies in the country looking for sales professionals
Daily Dose of Influence!
Enjoy our video series of influence tips and strategies
Leads To Growth
Dig into our podcast featuring industry leaders and experts
Learn from our high-level sales coaching video series
Women of Sales & Influence – Facebook Live Series
Be inspired by our Facebook Live series spotlighting top women influencers
Women of Sales & Influence – Video Blog
Enjoy valuable, high-level sales strategies to empower your sales goals
The Growth Quotient
You’ve heard about IQ, but what is your GQ?
Our Commitment to You
We are here to help your approach to sales, how you interact with others, and how you perform and execute
NASP Sales Blog
Learn from our member-submitted articles for sales professionals
Write For Us
Share your sales expertise and insights with our community
About Our CEO
Standards of Conduct
Common Questions and Answers
Are you aware that B2B lead generation is one of the most stressful jobs that a marketer could ever experience? This is a reality that many will have to deal with. Otherwise, they will not be able to do their jobs at all. While it may be true that this can be a pain, the fact remains that this is also a very profitable activity. If you can generate good sales leads, then you can earn a profit here. How you handle the stress and baggage that this job brings to your life varies from person to person, but there are a few factors that are the same. Therefore, these are fixed points that can be improved on.
And what are these pointers that you should know about? ?
1. Plan well — this is an advice that we have all heard too often, but rarely do we really follow. As marketers, we must be able to decide on what business strategy to employ before we start. It would be a virtual waste of effort if we just do things without a proper goal in mind.
2. Focus — when you work, really dive into your work. Get ‘into the zone’, so to speak. Not only will you be able to accomplish more of your work, but you would also be able to ensure that your attention is focused on the details.
3. Have a break — of course, after intensely working for about an hour or so, you should learn to stop and take a break. In this way, you can avoid getting burned-out too early in the day. It will also let you refocus on your work later.
4. Be neat — as some say ‘a cluttered desk is a cluttered mind’. While this may be true in some cases, the point here is for you to put everything in your desk in order. This will help you keep tab on things, as well as avoid cases of ‘misplacing’ anything, like notes from a telemarketing call.
5. Do not seek perfection — instead, seek excellence in your work. You see, going for perfection is an activity that will never bring you any rewards. Often, this is an unattainable, frustrating, and a neurotic activity. Better aim for something that you can actually achieve, and that is excellence.
6. Learn to say ‘No’ — you see, there is a limit to what a normal flesh and blood can do. If you just keep on accepting workloads from your bosses, or from your B2B leads prospects, soon enough, you would be overloaded with things you have yet to do. You need to learn when to say ‘No’.
7. Do not procrastinate — this is common even for those in the B2B appointment setting business. You need to do things now, not later, lest you miss the chance to generate good sales leads in the end.
This is for the good of your B2B lead generation campaign. If you are in top form, you will be able to perform better at the job.
About the author