Learn what being a member does for you
The Seller Styles
Learn the styles and take your free assessment
See a summary of all our programs and certifications
Certified Professional Sales Person (CPSP®)
Develop your potential as a certified sales professional
Certified Professional Sales Leader (CPSL®)
Grow your impact as a certified sales leader
Certified Master Sales Professional (CMSP®)
Join the elite group of sales professionals and leaders
Advanced Sales Influence (ASI)
Take your influence and leadership to the next level.
Learn foundational sales behaviors, strategies, and skills
Power of Contact Marketing
Learn from marketing expert and author Stu Heinecke
Join the top 1% of sales professionals in the world.
Next Level Virtual Coaching
Join our ongoing dynamic virtual coaching community
Explore job postings from some of the best companies in the country looking for sales professionals
Daily Dose of Influence!
Enjoy our video series of influence tips and strategies
Leads To Growth
Dig into our podcast featuring industry leaders and experts
Learn from our high-level sales coaching video series
Women of Sales & Influence – Facebook Live Series
Be inspired by our Facebook Live series spotlighting top women influencers
Women of Sales & Influence – Video Blog
Enjoy valuable, high-level sales strategies to empower your sales goals
The Growth Quotient
You’ve heard about IQ, but what is your GQ?
Our Commitment to You
We are here to help your approach to sales, how you interact with others, and how you perform and execute
NASP Sales Blog
Learn from our member-submitted articles for sales professionals
Write For Us
Share your sales expertise and insights with our community
About Our CEO
Standards of Conduct
Common Questions and Answers
As the old saying goes…all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy SO make it FUN to be in your sales team. This is No 7 of my 7 Principles that underpin a successful high performing sales team.
Adding fun into a work environment has a positive impact in so many ways…
– Strengthens team bonds, commitment to the team and to achieving sales targets
– Increases loyalty, support and trust
– Learning becomes easier
– Happiness…which research tells us increases sales by 37% More here on the research
– Generates a positive winning mindset
Having fun doesn’t mean you are less focussed on achieving goals because you incorporate fun into the journey of achieving your goals.
So how do you do that?
– Add games and exercises to sales meetings that increase drive, proactivity and creative thinking
– Use humour in a positive way when reinforcing good behaviour
– Be a caring and empathetic sales leader
– Share positive stories
– Organise social occasions when possible…it’s really important for you to stay sober on these occasions 😉
What FUN isn’t…
– Negative banter that shames people
– Sarcasm or gossip about one of your team
– A laugh at somebody else’s expense
– Getting drunk with your team 🙁
Notice the reaction you get
Be sure to check the impact of the ideas you implement…if people don’t see the fun in something it’s not fun. If it’s only fun for you…you won’t get the result you want.
If it doesn’t hit the spot…get some feedback, tweak and go again.
Get your team involved too…especially if you think specific individuals have a flair for creating fun ideas. Give them the ground rules and boundaries then let them have a go!
Until next time
About the author
Hi I’m Leigh Ashton of The Sales Consultancy
Whether you’re a small business or a leading brand, an area manager or a Chief Executive, whether you’re new to sales or an experienced sales professional. Even if you’re not in sales at all but want to understand it, you’ve come to the right place.
The World of Sales is changing.
Today’s conventional sales training doesn’t address the psychological barriers that get in their way.
My approach takes your sales team through a process that:
* Helps them identify their psychological barriers and gives them the tools to overcome them
* Teaches them how the mind works so they can keep motivated and stay focused
* Gives them the ability to identify the psychological patterns of their clients and prospects so they connect with them at a deeper level and close more sales
And at a higher level…
* It creates more success in other areas of their lives so they are happier generally…and happier sales people generate more sales
Wherever you are on your personal sales journey what’s the best course of action for YOU.
– Sales Training – that actually gets results
– Leadership and Management
– Personal Coaching and Mentoring
– Sales Mentoring Programme
– NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) and how it can help you accelerate your success
– Keynote Speaking