Learn what being a member does for you
The Seller Styles
Learn the styles and take your free assessment
See a summary of all our programs and certifications
Certified Professional Sales Person (CPSP®)
Develop your potential as a certified sales professional
Certified Professional Sales Leader (CPSL®)
Grow your impact as a certified sales leader
Learn foundational sales behaviors, strategies, and skills
Power of Contact Marketing
Learn from marketing expert and author Stu Heinecke
Join the top 1% of sales professionals in the world.
Next Level Virtual Coaching
Join our ongoing dynamic virtual coaching community
Explore job postings from some of the best companies in the country looking for sales professionals
Daily Dose of Influence!
Enjoy our video series of influence tips and strategies
Leads To Growth
Dig into our podcast featuring industry leaders and experts
Learn from our high-level sales coaching video series
Women of Sales & Influence – Facebook Live Series
Be inspired by our Facebook Live series spotlighting top women influencers
Women of Sales & Influence – Video Blog
Enjoy valuable, high-level sales strategies to empower your sales goals
The Growth Quotient
You’ve heard about IQ, but what is your GQ?
Our Commitment to You
We are here to help your approach to sales, how you interact with others, and how you perform and execute
NASP Sales Blog
Learn from our member-submitted articles for sales professionals
Write For Us
Share your sales expertise and insights with our community
About Our CEO
Standards of Conduct
Common Questions and Answers
3 Tips to Make Yourself a Sales Natural
1. Develop a passion by educating yourself. I was already passionate about my product, but to have a natural conviction I needed to develop a passion industry.
* Sign up for 2-3 leading trade journals or industry publications and actually read them.
* Don’t underestimate the value of PBS specials, documentaries, and industry reports.
By absorbing as much information as I could about the electric utility space, I quickly realized how incredibly important the work was that my prospective clients were doing. It made the sale more meaningful. When you speak for a place of genuine care, the conversation is going to be more real.
2. Stay in touch with the industry. The easiest way to do this is by signing up 1-3 Google Alerts and be aware of industry trends and important stories.
* Visit www.google.com/alerts
* Enter a buzzword like “electric utility”
* Select once a week, United States (or your country of choice)
Now you have both important industry information as well as potential leads being delivered to your inbox once a week!
3. Use each sales conversation to better understand future sales conversations. Be honest, how often has a client said something over the phone that you didn’t understand or mentioned a competitor that you weren’t aware of. Don’t let those opportunities pass you by.
My #1 tool was to simply say – You just mentioned X, can you help me better understand what that means? You would be amazed at the flood of information that people are willing to provide.
I hope these 3 key tips are ones that you can implement TODAY. They are all very simple to apply so don’t wait, sign up for those publications & alerts right now and start making the most of each call!
About the author