Learn what being a member does for you
The Seller Styles
Learn the styles and take your free assessment
See a summary of all our programs and certifications
Certified Professional Sales Person (CPSP®)
Develop your potential as a certified sales professional
Certified Professional Sales Leader (CPSL®)
Grow your impact as a certified sales leader
Certified Master Sales Professional (CMSP®)
Join the elite group of sales professionals and leaders
Advanced Sales Influence (ASI)
Take your influence and leadership to the next level.
Learn foundational sales behaviors, strategies, and skills
Power of Contact Marketing
Learn from marketing expert and author Stu Heinecke
Join the top 1% of sales professionals in the world.
Next Level Virtual Coaching
Join our ongoing dynamic virtual coaching community
Explore job postings from some of the best companies in the country looking for sales professionals
Daily Dose of Influence!
Enjoy our video series of influence tips and strategies
Leads To Growth
Dig into our podcast featuring industry leaders and experts
Learn from our high-level sales coaching video series
Women of Sales & Influence – Facebook Live Series
Be inspired by our Facebook Live series spotlighting top women influencers
Women of Sales & Influence – Video Blog
Enjoy valuable, high-level sales strategies to empower your sales goals
The Growth Quotient
You’ve heard about IQ, but what is your GQ?
Our Commitment to You
We are here to help your approach to sales, how you interact with others, and how you perform and execute
NASP Sales Blog
Learn from our member-submitted articles for sales professionals
Write For Us
Share your sales expertise and insights with our community
About Our CEO
Standards of Conduct
Common Questions and Answers
Responsive layouts are one of the most crucial factors that enable companies to offer fantastic user experience to their customers. Now, you must be thinking, how?
No need to worry, though. I will describe each and every aspect of creating a fantastic WordPress responsive site.
Today, WordPress powers 25 percent of the web. Thus, no wonder why developers are now paying attention to developing and testing WordPress sites to make them fully responsive.
Let’s check out the reasons why responsive web designs are crucial but before coming to the point, first understand:
What is Responsive Web Design?
Designers and developers across the world follow technique to create enthralling websites that can run on a variety of users’ screens without losing their look and feel. A site designed by adopting responsive technique allows users to browse the same website on different devices.
Why Responsive Web Designs?
Today, responsive designs are dominating the market because they:
* Boost Search Engine Visibility
* Provides Excellent User Experience
* Skyrocket Conversion Rates & Boost Sales
* Provide Simple Site Management
* Offer Fantastic Offline Browsing Experience
Now, let’s check out below mentioned tips:
1. Give Soul to Your Website with CSS & HTML
CSS & HTML elements provide soul to your site. Without them, you can’t even imagine creating a responsive design for your WordPress website.
CSS are the base that offers developers to build responsive layouts. The CSS codes are written for the HTML elements that you want to give effect as per your proposed design.
The combination of CSS3 and HTML5 can let any developer create an incredible WordPress website. So, you can say that there is an enormous scope for designers and developers when it comes to showing creativity and innovation with website designs.
2. Use the Power of PHP
WordPress platform support PHP language, so use PHP.
For instance, if you want to align your brand’s logo and website’s navigation, then you can try this code to your functions.php file:
@meida only screen and (min-width: 768px)
float: left !important;
position: absolute !important; }
float: right !important;
margin-bottom:53m !important; }
3. Create Grids for Responsive Design
Bootstrap provides grid system for creating responsive layouts. Similarly, you have to be more cautious while building a responsive design for your WordPress website.
Grids have to play a critical role in a responsive website design. If you want to make your site to adapt any screen size, then you have to create codes accordingly. Grids allow easy resizing so that all the essential elements of your website look fit over different devices.
4. Optimize Images for Responsive Design
Images are the most crucial element of any responsive website. While creating a responsive design for your website, you must optimize the images. Image optimization will dramatically reduce bandwidth and scaling issues.
Concerning image format, you can use JPEG, GIF, and PNG-8. But, remember one thing, avoid using PNG format at anyhow as it can impact the overall size of the website and images by at least five times.
For making your images responsive, you can add the code mentioned below to the images you want:
Further, you can follow this link, to get detailed information on creating responsive images.
6. Use Options Provided By WordPress
WordPress offers you two ways to make your site responsive. Let’s check out the ways:
* You know there are a plethora of WordPress plugins are available that allows quick integration and reduce your workload of making your WordPress website responsive. Use those WordPress plugins to make your website mobile-friendly, and save your valuable time and efforts. Further, you can check out this fantastic resource at HONGKIAT that describes top plugins to make your site responsive.
* To make your website responsive, you can rely on a theme switcher. Irrespective of the kind of smartphone, OS, or even browser, this theme switcher allows you to select different mobile themes for each mobile browser. But, from the consistency aspect, it doesn’t look a viable option.
7. Mobile-Friendly WordPress Themes: The Ultimate Choice
No doubt, responsive website design has become the essence of modern day businesses. There are several mobile-friendly WordPress themes are available that you can use to make your website responsive.
If you are thinking about the benefits of using WordPress responsive themes, then check this out:
* Most of the themes are free. So, there is no need to pay anything.
* These themes have powerful features that offer easy site management and customization. Further, you will have ample choices of themes that will vary in features, choose the relevant one that best fits your needs.
8. Use Online Tools to Check Responsiveness
For checking the responsiveness of your website, you can rely on several free online tools. These online tools enable you to test the mobile-friendliness of your WordPress website. Just take a glance at the list of online emulators that you can employ for testing the responsiveness of your website.
* Am I Responsive
* Mobile-Friendly Test
These tools allow you to test your website in a trouble-free manner. Further, they save your valuable time, money and energy.
9. Points to Remember
Whenever you plan to transform your WordPress site into a responsive one, keep these points in your mind, always:
* Never use absolute positioning until you find it necessary.
* Avoid using excessive text on mobile devices as it may affect the layout of your website.
* Structure your site correctly; otherwise, ‘div’ issues can make it quite complicated for you.
This blog unzips tricks on making a WordPress website responsive. I hope the points raised above may prove beneficial to you. Don’t forget to comment; your feedback will be highly appreciated.
About the author