Learn what being a member does for you
The Seller Styles
See a summary of all our programs and certifications
Certified Professional Sales Person(CPSP®)
Develop your potential as a certified sales professional
Certified Professional Sales Leader(CPSL®)
Grow your impact as a certified sales leader
Certified Master Sales Professional (CMSP®)
Join the elite group of sales professionals and leaders
Certified Master Sales Trainer (CMST®)
Advanced Sales Influence (ASI)
Take your influence and leadership to the next level.
Certified Professional Sales Associate (CPSA®)
Learn foundational sales behaviors, strategies, and skills
Power of Contact Marketing
Learn from marketing expert and author Stu Heinecke
Join the top 1% of sales professionals in the world.
Next Level Virtual Coaching
Join our ongoing dynamic virtual coaching community
Explore job postings from some of the best companies in the country looking for sales professionals
Daily Dose of Influence!
Enjoy our video series of influence tips and strategies
Leads To Growth
Dig into our podcast featuring industry leaders and experts
Learn from our high-level sales coaching video series
Women of Sales & Influence – Facebook Live Series
Be inspired by our Facebook Live series spotlighting top women influencers
Women of Sales & Influence – Video Blog
Enjoy valuable, high-level sales strategies to empower your sales goals
The Growth Quotient
You’ve heard about IQ, but what is your GQ?
Our Commitment to You
We are here to help your approach to sales, how you interact with others, and how you perform and execute
NASP Sales Blog
Learn from our member-submitted articles for sales professionals
About Our CEO
Standards of Conduct
Common Questions and Answers
What impact do you have as a Sales Leader?
How aware are you of the impact you have as a Sales Leader…on your team and the results they achieve?
It’s easy to determine what behaviours you want from your manager in order to get the best from you. It’s not as easy to determine the actions you should take to create a more successful team.
Be honest…how do your actions affect your sales team?
If you don’t know then you need to get more aware. It’s much easier to do that if you imagine observing yourself doing the behaviour with others…then noticing their reaction. Or imagine someone you respect watching you…what would they think of your actions? What do you think others would say about your behaviour…your manager, other department heads, your colleagues and your peers?
How would you feel if someone behaved in that way towards you?
If your action has a negative impact on others, you need to find a better way of achieving your outcome.
Here are some pointers to think about…
– Always speak with your sales team as you would speak with your customers…with courtesy and respect
– Plan your outcome for every interaction either with the team or with individuals…this gives you a destination to aim for
– Plan your intended actions and behaviours to achieve outcomes that are good for your sales person, the team, you and the business
– Check in with yourself…how would you react to the approach you plan to take?
– Consider what might go wrong…and what action you could take if it does
– Rapport, rapport, rapport…vital for positive outcomes
– Make sure you are feeling positive about your communication before you start…negative thoughts and feelings will impact your interaction…and the result
– Tough love and fairness are important factors in being a great sales leader…done well they will get you far more respect than being nice
– Have those difficult conversations as soon as possible
– Be the leader you would want for yourself…and that lives your leadership values
– Always leave your team feeling positive and empowered
– Stop telling and start asking them what they think
These are some pointers to get you started and by no means exhaustive. It’s best to think about each of your sales people as individuals and use the approach you think would help them most.
It’s also beneficial to check in with yourself at the end of each day to ponder on this question…
What could I have done differently today to have got a more positive result with my sales team?
This daily habit increases your awareness…and making these small changes improves your leadership on an ongoing basis.
I’d like to close with one of my favourite Simon Sinek quotes…
“Leadership is not an excuse to do less…it’s a responsibility to do more!”
Until next time,
About the author
Hi I’m Leigh Ashton of The Sales Consultancy
Whether you’re a small business or a leading brand, an area manager or a Chief Executive, whether you’re new to sales or an experienced sales professional. Even if you’re not in sales at all but want to understand it, you’ve come to the right place.
The World of Sales is changing.
Today’s conventional sales training doesn’t address the psychological barriers that get in their way.
My approach takes your sales team through a process that:
* Helps them identify their psychological barriers and gives them the tools to overcome them
* Teaches them how the mind works so they can keep motivated and stay focused
* Gives them the ability to identify the psychological patterns of their clients and prospects so they connect with them at a deeper level and close more sales
And at a higher level…
* It creates more success in other areas of their lives so they are happier generally…and happier sales people generate more sales
Wherever you are on your personal sales journey what’s the best course of action for YOU.
– Sales Training – that actually gets results
– Leadership and Management
– Personal Coaching and Mentoring
– Sales Mentoring Programme
– NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) and how it can help you accelerate your success
– Keynote Speaking