Learn what being a member does for you
The Seller Styles
Learn the styles and take your free assessment
See a summary of all our programs and certifications
Certified Professional Sales Person(CPSP®)
Develop your potential as a certified sales professional
Certified Professional Sales Leader(CPSL®)
Grow your impact as a certified sales leader
Certified Master Sales Professional (CMSP®)
Join the elite group of sales professionals and leaders
Advanced Sales Influence (ASI)
Take your influence and leadership to the next level.
Learn foundational sales behaviors, strategies, and skills
Power of Contact Marketing
Learn from marketing expert and author Stu Heinecke
Join the top 1% of sales professionals in the world.
Next Level Virtual Coaching
Join our ongoing dynamic virtual coaching community
Explore job postings from some of the best companies in the country looking for sales professionals
Daily Dose of Influence!
Enjoy our video series of influence tips and strategies
Leads To Growth
Dig into our podcast featuring industry leaders and experts
Learn from our high-level sales coaching video series
Women of Sales & Influence – Facebook Live Series
Be inspired by our Facebook Live series spotlighting top women influencers
Women of Sales & Influence – Video Blog
Enjoy valuable, high-level sales strategies to empower your sales goals
The Growth Quotient
You’ve heard about IQ, but what is your GQ?
Our Commitment to You
We are here to help your approach to sales, how you interact with others, and how you perform and execute
NASP Sales Blog
Learn from our member-submitted articles for sales professionals
Write For Us
Share your sales expertise and insights with our community
About Our CEO
Standards of Conduct
Common Questions and Answers
Your Dream Sales Month!
What would your dream sales month be like? You’ll have your own version of this but if you’re after something interesting to do with your Sales Team then here’s an easy exercise you can take them through to get them aligned with their goals and aspirations.
I normally get them to do it on their own ahead of the sales meeting…
Dream Month Walkthrough
Give them the following to fill in the blanks. They are to ignore any limitations and simply enjoy using their imagination to bring to life their Dream Sales Month…
My name is (blank) and I sell (blank) to (blank). I make a difference to my customers by (blank).
My day always starts with (blank) which gets my mindset in the right place. This gives me the self-belief and confidence to focus on (blank activities) which keeps my performance high.
What I love most about what I do is (blank).
When things don’t go my way I (blank) so that I can get back in the game straight away.
My success allows me to (blank), (blank), (blank), (blank)…., which really adds to the fulfilment in my life.
What I love most about my dream sales month is (blank) and I’m committed to making it happen every month because (blank).
At the Sales Meeting
Give them the opportunity to share their Dream Sales Month at the sales meeting. Some will be more comfortable to share than others. If people don’t want to share that’s fine as the vision for their dream sales month is not where the learning takes place.
Where the biggest learning occurs
It’s really important to discuss the following areas as a team:
– What impact did the exercise have on you?
– What will you do differently moving forward?
– What patterns do you have that could be a barrier?
– What would you do to counteract these barriers if they occur?
These questions give you some useful information on how your sales people think and creates a great opportunity for coaching. You can also do a deeper dive in their 1 to 1 session.
– The mind doesn’t differentiate between reality and imagination so getting them to visualise success has a positive impact on their neurology
– Having a conversation about it helps to embed positive mindset and behaviour
– Observation and regular feedback will develop their mastery
Would love to hear how it goes with your team so do let me know.
Until next time,
About the author
Hi I’m Leigh Ashton of The Sales Consultancy
Whether you’re a small business or a leading brand, an area manager or a Chief Executive, whether you’re new to sales or an experienced sales professional. Even if you’re not in sales at all but want to understand it, you’ve come to the right place.
The World of Sales is changing.
Today’s conventional sales training doesn’t address the psychological barriers that get in their way.
My approach takes your sales team through a process that:
* Helps them identify their psychological barriers and gives them the tools to overcome them
* Teaches them how the mind works so they can keep motivated and stay focused
* Gives them the ability to identify the psychological patterns of their clients and prospects so they connect with them at a deeper level and close more sales
And at a higher level…
* It creates more success in other areas of their lives so they are happier generally…and happier sales people generate more sales
Wherever you are on your personal sales journey what’s the best course of action for YOU.
– Sales Training – that actually gets results
– Leadership and Management
– Personal Coaching and Mentoring
– Sales Mentoring Programme
– NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) and how it can help you accelerate your success
– Keynote Speaking