When we talk about customer service, there is always the problem of how to actually provide good customer service. There are many ways to go about it, and each one may have differing results. That is an important issue that needs to be dealt with when it comes to the business of generating B2B leads. Remember that good sales leads are obtained from pleased business prospects. And what better way to do that than to provide superior telemarketing and customer service. But how do you do that, actually?
While you may see many pointers about providing such good customer service, all these can actually be summed up into five main points. You will find these below:
- Learn to respond - one sure way to get customers angry is failing to respond as rapidly as you can. There are situations where a quick address by the service provider, in this case you, can make all the difference. Besides, you are in business to serve others, right? So be prompt in addressing any issues that might arise with them. You do not want to end up like United Airlines and the broken guitar. That was a major PR failure.
- Acknowledge appropriately - when there is a problem, or if business prospects are raising an issue, then you should acknowledge it appropriately. The reason why they are complaining is because they are seeing a problem in this. Whether they are right or wrong, if you properly consider their points and present your own case, then you can actually create a solution that you can use. It is a fact that customers, and even business prospects, like a company that admits its own mistakes, and then proceeds to find a viable solution for it.
- Elevate the issue - one thing that you should remember is to consider the problems raised by your customers properly. Sometimes, there are issues that are so big that you really have to deal with them on a larger scale. No more surgical solutions and the like. Here, you have to create sweeping reforms to improve your offer. And you have to make sure that everyone knows about it so that they will know that something is being done.
- Apologize promptly - when you are at fault, you should say sorry. No explanations or anything like that. You have to accept the fact that you did something wrong. Believe me, a lot of people would love you and your business more if you express humility by apologizing. Sometimes, this simple gesture may bring more benefits for you than telling customers and business prospects what kind of solutions you are planning to provide.
- Go down to their level - one thing that you have to remember is to address the issues of customers one by one. In this world of social media, it is to your advantage if you can reach out and address the concerns of individuals. Be casual and interactive. Sometimes, all those disgruntled customers want is for someone they can talk to who actually listens.
See? That is how good customer service should be.