Your Dream Sales Month!
What would your dream sales month be like? You'll have your own version of this but if you're after something interesting to do with your Sales Team then here's an easy exercise you can take them through to get them aligned with their goals and aspirations.
I normally get them to do it on their own ahead of the sales meeting...
Dream Month Walkthrough
Give them the following to fill in the blanks. They are to ignore any limitations and simply enjoy using their imagination to bring to life their Dream Sales Month...
My name is (blank) and I sell (blank) to (blank). I make a difference to my customers by (blank).
My day always starts with (blank) which gets my mindset in the right place. This gives me the self-belief and confidence to focus on (blank activities) which keeps my performance high.
What I love most about what I do is (blank).
When things don't go my way I (blank) so that I can get back in the game straight away.
My success allows me to (blank), (blank), (blank), (blank)...., which really adds to the fulfilment in my life.
What I love most about my dream sales month is (blank) and I'm committed to making it happen every month because (blank).
At the Sales Meeting
Give them the opportunity to share their Dream Sales Month at the sales meeting. Some will be more comfortable to share than others. If people don't want to share that's fine as the vision for their dream sales month is not where the learning takes place.
Where the biggest learning occurs
It's really important to discuss the following areas as a team:
- What impact did the exercise have on you?
- What will you do differently moving forward?
- What patterns do you have that could be a barrier?
- What would you do to counteract these barriers if they occur?
These questions give you some useful information on how your sales people think and creates a great opportunity for coaching. You can also do a deeper dive in their 1 to 1 session.
- The mind doesn't differentiate between reality and imagination so getting them to visualise success has a positive impact on their neurology
- Having a conversation about it helps to embed positive mindset and behaviour
- Observation and regular feedback will develop their mastery
Would love to hear how it goes with your team so do let me know.
Until next time,