Learn what being a member does for you
The Seller Styles
Learn the styles and take your free assessment
See a summary of all our programs and certifications
Certified Professional Sales Person (CPSP®)
Develop your potential as a certified sales professional
Certified Professional Sales Leader (CPSL®)
Grow your impact as a certified sales leader
Learn foundational sales behaviors, strategies, and skills
Power of Contact Marketing
Learn from marketing expert and author Stu Heinecke
Join the top 1% of sales professionals in the world.
Next Level Virtual Coaching
Join our ongoing dynamic virtual coaching community
Explore job postings from some of the best companies in the country looking for sales professionals
Daily Dose of Influence!
Enjoy our video series of influence tips and strategies
Leads To Growth
Dig into our podcast featuring industry leaders and experts
Learn from our high-level sales coaching video series
Women of Sales & Influence – Facebook Live Series
Be inspired by our Facebook Live series spotlighting top women influencers
Women of Sales & Influence – Video Blog
Enjoy valuable, high-level sales strategies to empower your sales goals
The Growth Quotient
You’ve heard about IQ, but what is your GQ?
Our Commitment to You
We are here to help your approach to sales, how you interact with others, and how you perform and execute
NASP Sales Blog
Learn from our member-submitted articles for sales professionals
Write For Us
Share your sales expertise and insights with our community
About Our CEO
Standards of Conduct
Common Questions and Answers
Today I entered ‘time management courses’ into Google. It produced “about 200,000,000 results” in 0.29 seconds.
And yet time management courses are often a waste of time. Why? Because you know what to do. You know when you should be doing it. If you’re not doing it, I’d reckon it’s not about time management at all — It’s down to that ‘P’ word.
Procrastination — and its twin brother ‘Indecision’ will tie you to the failure treadmill for all time if you don’t sort it! Without decisions — and ACTION to back up those decisions, you will never get the results you want.
Do you procrastinate?
Do you procrastinate? What is it costing you? If you could eliminate it, how great would that be in terms of your job, your business, your wealth, your life?
If you’re procrastinating about ANYTHING, do the exercise below. It could change everything!
First, here are some pointers before you start…
– Find yourself a quiet place where you won’t be disturbed.
– Give yourself plenty of time to answer all the questions.
– You may feel pretty uncomfortable (I hope so) when considering the consequences of not making a change.
– You will feel completely inspired by the end of it.
– Crucially — DO THE EXERCISE! For goodness sake don’t procrastinate on the procrastination exercise!!!
Are you ready to commit to action? Go for it…
Make it perfect for you! Example…if you’re not making enough calls you may have an association that not making calls equals less rejection…a new association might be that making more calls equals more chances to develop relationships that generate more sales success and all the kudos that comes with it.
This is really important. You must create a new association. Don’t proceed until you have created at least one!
Congratulations! Go and do your first action right now…
This exercise will really get you in touch with the motivation to take ACTION towards what you want.
Another example of The Psychology of Sales.
Let me know how you get on.
Until next time.
PS; Click here if you have a fear of selling.
About the author
Hi I’m Leigh Ashton of The Sales Consultancy
Whether you’re a small business or a leading brand, an area manager or a Chief Executive, whether you’re new to sales or an experienced sales professional. Even if you’re not in sales at all but want to understand it, you’ve come to the right place.
The World of Sales is changing.
Today’s conventional sales training doesn’t address the psychological barriers that get in their way.
My approach takes your sales team through a process that:
* Helps them identify their psychological barriers and gives them the tools to overcome them
* Teaches them how the mind works so they can keep motivated and stay focused
* Gives them the ability to identify the psychological patterns of their clients and prospects so they connect with them at a deeper level and close more sales
And at a higher level…
* It creates more success in other areas of their lives so they are happier generally…and happier sales people generate more sales
Wherever you are on your personal sales journey what’s the best course of action for YOU.
– Sales Training – that actually gets results
– Leadership and Management
– Personal Coaching and Mentoring
– Sales Mentoring Programme
– NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) and how it can help you accelerate your success
– Keynote Speaking