Learn what being a member does for you
The Seller Styles
Learn the styles and take your free assessment
See a summary of all our programs and certifications
Certified Professional Sales Person(CPSP®)
Develop your potential as a certified sales professional
Certified Professional Sales Leader(CPSL®)
Grow your impact as a certified sales leader
Certified Master Sales Professional (CMSP®)
Join the elite group of sales professionals and leaders
Advanced Sales Influence (ASI)
Take your influence and leadership to the next level.
Sales Success Principles
Learn foundational sales behaviors, strategies, and skills
Power of Contact Marketing
Learn from marketing expert and author Stu Heinecke
Join the top 1% of sales professionals in the world.
Next Level Virtual Coaching
Join our ongoing dynamic virtual coaching community
Explore job postings from some of the best companies in the country looking for sales professionals
Daily Dose of Influence!
Enjoy our video series of influence tips and strategies
Leads To Growth
Dig into our podcast featuring industry leaders and experts
Learn from our high-level sales coaching video series
Women of Sales & Influence – Facebook Live Series
Be inspired by our Facebook Live series spotlighting top women influencers
Women of Sales & Influence – Video Blog
Enjoy valuable, high-level sales strategies to empower your sales goals
The Growth Quotient
You’ve heard about IQ, but what is your GQ?
Our Commitment to You
We are here to help your approach to sales, how you interact with others, and how you perform and execute
NASP Sales Blog
Learn from our member-submitted articles for sales professionals
Write For Us
Share your sales expertise and insights with our community
About Our CEO
Standards of Conduct
Common Questions and Answers
Leading your Sales Team during a pandemic!
Many Sales Leaders are well versed in leading a virtual team but what you will not be familiar with is leading a virtual team during a pandemic. You know what…neither am I.
So how do you deal with the emotions of your team? Not to mention your own emotions on top of all the other issues you may be dealing with. Children at home, elderly parents that need extra support, reduced or possibly no sales, company spending freeze…just to mention a few.
There are so many uncertainties
We have no idea how things are going to roll out these next few weeks. You may feel like you’re losing control…and to be honest…you are!
My view is to focus on the areas you can control…
– Your mental well being — do what works for you so that you can feel your best
– Supporting your team to keep them as stable as possible — video call works best for this
– Listening to each of your sales people’s concerns without judgement or fixing
– Being kind…to yourself and your team
– Creating trust using clear and honest communication
You also need to cut yourself some slack. You weren’t trained to deal with a pandemic in your sales leadership training…that’s if you even got any training at all.
Be realistic about what’s possible
Cold calling people right now probably isn’t a good idea…especially if your service or product is not top of people’s list of priorities at the moment. Reach out to your clients and support them as much as you can…they will be grateful and you will feel like you’re being of value. Serotonin all round 🙂
Do your best at being the best version of a kind human being you can be. Ensure your team feel supported, safe and valued.
That’s all anyone can ask of you right now.
Keep safe and well…and please do the right thing.
Until next time,
PS If you need a heart centred chat or help supporting your team at this time then please do reach out to me.
About the author
Hi I’m Leigh Ashton of The Sales Consultancy
Whether you’re a small business or a leading brand, an area manager or a Chief Executive, whether you’re new to sales or an experienced sales professional. Even if you’re not in sales at all but want to understand it, you’ve come to the right place.
The World of Sales is changing.
Today’s conventional sales training doesn’t address the psychological barriers that get in their way.
My approach takes your sales team through a process that:
* Helps them identify their psychological barriers and gives them the tools to overcome them
* Teaches them how the mind works so they can keep motivated and stay focused
* Gives them the ability to identify the psychological patterns of their clients and prospects so they connect with them at a deeper level and close more sales
And at a higher level…
* It creates more success in other areas of their lives so they are happier generally…and happier sales people generate more sales
Wherever you are on your personal sales journey what’s the best course of action for YOU.
– Sales Training – that actually gets results
– Leadership and Management
– Personal Coaching and Mentoring
– Sales Mentoring Programme
– NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) and how it can help you accelerate your success
– Keynote Speaking